Pocono Lakefronts
For Home Owners

Historic Sites in the Poconos

Antoine Dutot Museum & Gallery
Museum and gallery established in the area in 1870. One classroom is preserved, as it was last used, not as a colonial restoration. Come enjoy the audio presentation "Then and Now" as well as exhibits of a bygone era.

Main Street (Route 611) Delaware Water Gap , PA 18327
Phone: 570-476-4240
Web Site: http://www.dutotmuseum.com

 

Asa Packer Mansion
Built in the Victorian Italianate architecture style in 1861, this beautiful home was the resident of Asa Packer. Among his many accomplishments, the multi-millionaire built the Lehigh Valley Railroad and founded Lehigh University. Today, you will see his mansion just as it stood during Packer's lifetime.

Packer Hill Road Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-3229
Web Site: http://www.asapackermansion.com
E-mail: caliope@ptd.net

 

Bell School House
This one room schoolhouse was built in the 1870's and housed students until 1953. The story of early Monroe County schools is portrayed for visitors through artifacts and guided tours.

Cherry Valley Road Stroudsburg , PA 18360
Phone: 570-421-7703
Web Site: http://www.mcha-pa.org/school.html
E-mail: mcha@ptd.net

 

Bethany Public Library
Built in 1823, quickly became known as the "Fireproof". At that time Bethany was the county seat of Wayne and courthouse officials felt the need for a permanent fireproof storage building.

Route 670 Bethany , PA 18431
Phone: 570-253-4349
Web Site: http://www.members.tripod.com/bethanypubliclibrary/
E-mail: betpulib@ptd.net

 

Bethel School
When you step inside this one-room school circa 1872, you will go back to a simpler time.
Indian Orchard Grange Honesdale , PA 18431

Phone: 570-253-3240
Web Site: http://www.waynehistorypa.org
E-mail: wchs@ptd.net

 

Borough of Jim Thorpe
Was originally named Mauch Chunk, and in 1827, became the terminus of America's longest railroad, nine miles in length. In 1870 this line changed from coal hauling to passenger excursion service exclusively to become a part of the extremely popular Mauch Chunk Switchback Railroad. Mauch Chunk, renamed Jim Thorpe in 1954, has been host to four generations of visitors.

4 Broadway Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-3025
Web Site: http://www.carboncounty.com


Borough of Lehighton
n 1784 Col. Jacob Weiss purchased 700 acres between what is now Parryille and Long Run, In 1972 the town of Lehighton was planned west of the Lehigh River. The new town was named after the Lehigh River, which is derived from the Indian word Lecla" of left fork of the river."

Constitution Ave Lehighton , PA 18235
Phone: 610-377-4002
Web Site: http://www.lehightonborough.com
E-mail: lehboro@postoffice.ptd.net

 

Borough of Palmerton
The Palmerton Borough. Borough Information · Council Committees · Fee Schedule · Helpful Information · Links · Telephone Numbers .

443 Delaware Ave Palmerton , PA 18071
Phone: 610-826-2505 | Fax: 610-826-4386
Web Site: http://palmertonpolice.ptd.net
E-mail: pmtnboro@ptd.net

 

Bushkill Falls
"The Niagara of Pennsylvania," has eight waterfalls. Waterfalls are just the beginning of you visit to Bushkill Falls. Step into a Native America long-house and see how the Lenni Lenape lived hundreds of years ago.

Route 209, Bushkill Falls Road Bushkill , PA 18324
Phone: 570-588-6682 | Fax: 570-588-9060
Web Site: http://www.visitbushkillfalls.com

 

Callahan House
The Palmerton Borough. Borough Information · Council Committees · Fee Schedule · Helpful Information · Links · Telephone Numbers .

101 Route 209 South Milford , PA 18337
Phone: 570-296-8700
Web Site: http://www.pikechamber.com/index.html
E-mail: info@pikechamber.com


Carbon County Courthouse
Built in 1893; woven in the historic tapestry of the Molly Maguires. This site is a Victorian lovers dream, refurbished in 1993 but also leaving original Victorian furnishings.

4 Broadway Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-3611
Web Site: http://www.carboncourts.com
E-mail: info@carboncourts.com


Cherry Valley Vineyards
Located in Monroe County along the Cherry Creek, the Cherry Valley Vineyards were established by the Sorrenti family over a dozen years ago. Featuring 22 varieties of wine, specialties include: Method Champenoise, barrel-aged reds, grommet fruit wines, custom labeling, and gift baskets. The Spumante wines won the Governor's Cup in 2001 and Best Sparkling Wine in Pennsylvania for the last two years!

Lower Cherry Valley Road Saylorsburg , PA 18353
Phone: 570-992-2255 | Fax: 570-992-5083
Web Site: http://www.cherryvalleyvineyards.com
E-mail: cvwine@epix.net

 

Cresco Station Museum
The history of the Cresco Station goes back to 1857 when a crude depot was built in Oakland Station (later named Cresco) for the Delaware Lackawanna and Western Railroad that passed through. The museum has many 1800's artifacts such as school equipment, farming tools, etc.-

Sand Spring Road / Route 390 Cresco , PA 18342
Phone: 570-595-7643

 

Delaware & Hudson Canal
Work commenced in July 1825 and was completed in 1828. This 108-mile waterway carried coal between Honesdale and the Hudson River. Huge coal piles were part of the scenery in Honesdale, were the coal hauled by the Delaware and Hudson gravity railroad was transferred to the Delaware and Hudson (D&H) Canal Company boats. Stroll, run, or bike along the D&H Canal's towpath. Originally a path for mules pulling canal boats, many sections of towpath have been transformed into unique recreational trails.

RR 2 Box 2428 Beach Lake , PA 18405
Phone: 570-685-4871
Web Site: http://www.nps.gov/upde/d&hcanal.htm

 

Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor
As your exploration of the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor continues, the landscape ascends. Breathtaking scenery, natural resources and scars from the coal and lumber industries coexist. This mountainous region is known as a mecca for high-quality outdoor recreation. River rafting, mountain biking, kayaking, canoeing, hiking, hunting, camping, fishing, golf, downhill and cross-country skiing are found in numerous resorts, state game lands, rails-to-trails, state, county and municipal parks.

110 North 3rd Street 2nd Fl Room 220 Lehighton , PA 18235
Phone: 610-923-3548
Web Site: www.delwareandlehigh.org

 

Delaware & Lehigh National Market Towns Initative
The Corridor Market Towns Initiative is a cooperative pilot project of the Delaware & Lehigh National and State Heritage Corridor and the Pennsylvania Downtown Center. This Initiative marks the first regional revitalization effort supported by the Commonwealth, receiving partial funding from the PA Department of Community & Economic Development's (DCED) New Communities Program and PA Department of Conservation & Natural Resources. By blending conservation and economic development strategies, the Market Towns Initiative is helping to breathe new economic life into the Corridor's small towns through place-based heritage development strategies.

125 South Walnute Street Ste 230 Slatington , PA 18080
Phone: 610-760-1624 | Fax: 610-760-1625
Web Site: http://www.markettowns.net
E-mail: dltowns@ptd.net

 

Delaware Township
Delaware Township's recorded history began about 1766, making it the oldest of Pike County's townships. It receives its name from its only natural border, the Delaware River. Many of its bordering townships were once all or part of Delaware Township. In 1829, Delaware Township gave birth to Lehman Township; and in 1851, part of Delaware Township became Porter Township.

116 Wilson Hill Rd Dingman's Ferry , PA 18328
Phone: 570-828-2347 | Fax: 570-828-8705
Web Site: http://www.delawaretownshippa.gov/index.html
E-mail: dtbos@ptd.net

 

Dimmick Memorial Library
Cottage styled cross-gabled library designed by T. Rooney Williamson first opened its doors on October 1, 1890. Microfilm newspapers from 1829-2000.

54 Broadway Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-2131
Web Site: http://www.dimmicklibrary.org
E-mail: thorpepl@ptd.net

 

Dingmans Falls
Named for an early Dutch settler and his family. Falls cascading 130 feet over layers of sedimentary rock. Silver Thread Falls precision-cut corners mystify visitors as the cooling mist from this 80-foot waterfall offers some respite from the summer heat.

Johnny Bee Rd, Rt. 209 Dingman's Ferry , PA 18328
Phone: 570-588-2447
Web Site: http://www.nps.gov/dewa/InDepth/Sites/DFtrail.html

 

Dingmans Township
Created April 17, 1832, from Upper Smithfield Township. Named for Daniel Westbrook Dingman, a member of the Pennsylvania Legislature and a County Judge for 26 years. His grandfather, Andrew Dingman first came to the area about 1735 and started Dingmans Ferry.

118 Fisher Lane Milford , PA 18337
Phone: 570-296-8455

 

Dorflinger - Suyham Wildlife Sanctuary, Inc.
Dorflinger, founded in 1865 made lamp chimneys and other utilitarian glass objects and by 1868, was producing fine art. Dorflinger glass was ordered of the White House from the Lincoln administration through the Wilson administration and is still being used in the White House today. Visitors will see over seven hundred pieced of cut, etched, engraved, and gilded glass produced by famed glassmaker Christian Dorflinger and his company display in a new museum attached to Dorflinger's 1850 farmhouse.

PO Box 356 White Mills , PA 18473
Phone: 570-253-1185 | Fax: 570-253-5196
Web Site: http://www.dorflinger.org
E-mail: suydam@ptd.net

 

Dorflinger Glass Museum
Dorflinger, founded in 1865 made lamp chimneys and other utilitarian glass objects and by 1868, was producing fine art. Dorflinger glass was ordered of the White House from the Lincoln administration through the Wilson administration and is still being used in the White House today. Visitors will see over seven hundred pieced of cut, etched, engraved, and gilded glass produced by famed glassmaker Christian Dorflinger and his company display in a new museum attached to Dorflinger's 1850 farmhouse.

PO Box 356 White Mills , PA 18473
Phone: 570-253-1185 | Fax: 570-253-5196
Web Site: http://www.dorflinger.org
E-mail: suydam@ptd.net

 

Driebe Freight Station
The Dreibe Freight Station is a restored 1882 freight station of the New York, Susquehanna and Western Railroad. The train museum houses a working train display, industrial exhibits and more.... The Dreibe Freight Station is a restored 1882 freight station of the New York, Susquehanna and Western Railroad. The train museum houses a working train display, industrial exhibits and more.

537 Ann Street Stroudsburg , PA 18360
Phone: 570-424-1776
Web Site: http://www.mcha-pa.org
E-mail: mcha@ptd.net

 

Episcopal Parish of St. Mark & St. John
'Designed by Richard Upjohn and constructed in 1867 -1869, this Church is a National Historic Landmark. The building is one of the most notable Gothic Revival churches in Pennsylvania. Of special interest is its Tiffany window, hand-craved French limestone reredos, hand-cast brass lectern and pulpit.

21 Race Street Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-2241
Web Site: http://www.stmarkandjohn.org
E-mail: markjohn@ptd.net


George W. Childs Recreation Site
Dingmans Creek originates in Silver Lake. As it descends 1000 feet in about 8 miles from the Pocono Plateau, the creek creates several waterfalls here at Childs Recreation Site, and the second highest waterall in the state downstream at Dingmans Falls.

Silver Lake Rd Dingman's Ferry , PA 18328
Phone: 570-588-2451
Web Site: http://www.nps.gov/dewa/InDepth/Sites/Childs.html

 

Greater Honesdale Partnership
The Greater Honesdale Partnership invites you to enjoy historic Honesdale. Honesdale's Main Street is full of architectural treasures and features many beautiful buildings that date from 1800s. Our Main Street is eight blocks long and is all within easy walking distance. Main Street is alive with nice retail shops, as well as cozy restaurants. Honesdale's beautiful Central Park is located overlooks Wayne County's historic Courthouse

303 Commercial St Honesdale , PA 18431
Phone: 570-253-5492 | Fax: 570-253-5491
Web Site: http://www.honesdale.com
E-mail: ghp@honesdale.com

 

Grey Towers National Historic Landmark
Grey Towers, the home of Gifford Pinchot, America's first Chief Forester, Conservationist and Pennsylvania Governor, is a National Historic Site. Estate built on nearly 100 acres, is one of the Forest Service most significant cultural resources. In 1963, John F. Kennedy dedicated the Pinchot Institute for Conservation Studies as a historic landmark.

151 Grey Towers Drive Route 6 Milford , PA 18337
Phone: 570-296-9630
Web Site: http://www.fs.fed.us/gt
E-mail: lmckean@fs.fed.us

 

Harry Packer Mansion
Built in 1876, a wedding gift from his father Asa Packer. The epitome of Victorian architecture and design.
Packer Hill Road Jim Thorpe , PA 18229

Phone: 570-325-8566
Web Site: http://www.murdermansion.com
E-mail: mystery@murdermansion.com

 

Hawley Walking Tours
A pristine two-mile walk begins at the perimeter of Bingham Park, proceeding beside Lackawaxen River through the Riverside Park Natural Area, and continuing past the historic buildings and shops of Church Street and Main Ave.

Route 6 Hawley , PA 18428
Phone: 570-226-3191
E-mail: hlwchamber@ptd.net

 

Hickory Run State Park & Big Boulder Field
Boulder field is a true relic of the past. This area is a National Natural Landmark, and State Park Natural Area. It has remained relatively unchanged for more than 20,000 years. The Boulder Field appears striking because of its flatness and absence vegetation over the large area of 400 feet by 1,800 feet. Some of the boulders measure as much as 26 feet long.

RR1 Box 81 White Haven , PA 18661
Toll-Free: 888-727-2757 Phone: 570-443-0400
Web Site: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/hickoryrun.aspx
E-mail: hickoryrunsp@state.pa.us

 

Historic Stone Row
Asa Packer built these sixteen row house for engineers and foremen of the Lehigh Valley Railroad. The three story row houses were individualized by variations in dormer, bay window, and door and window trim. At one time there was thirteen millionaires living in Carbon County.

25-57 Race Street Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Toll-Free: 888JIMTHORPE
Web Site: http://www.pacoalhistory.com
E-mail: webmaster@pacoalhistory.com

 

Honesdale Walking Tours
Named after Phillip Hone, former Mayor of New York and president of the Delaware and Hudson Canal Company. Honesdale was laid out in 1826 and was originally known as Dybery Forks. The town was incorporated in 1831. The main purpose for existence was to have a terminal for canal barges that carried coal to New York City markets. At one time Honesdale had the largest stockpile of coal in the world.

Main Street Honesdale , PA 18431
Phone: 570-253-1960
Web Site: http://honesdaleonline.com/

 

Jacob Stroud Corporation
Downtown Stroudsburg. Your destination for everything from distinctive dining to fine arts. Dazzling shopping to every little down right doohickey. Downtown Stroudsburg. A distinctly different place.

10 North 7th Street Stroudsburg , PA 18360
Phone: 570-424-9131
Web Site: http://www.stroudsburg.net
E-mail: stroudsburg@stroudsburg.net

 

Jefferson Plane Crossover & Engineering
Co-founder of the Lehigh Coal & Navigation Company. In the 1820's designed a railroad that ran by gravity, used to transport tons of coal across rugged mountains.

Route 209 Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Web Site: http://www.pacoalhistory.com/things_to_do/landmarks.html
E-mail: webmaster@pacoalhistory.com

 

Jim Thorpe Walking Tours
Self guided tour of the Jim Thorpe historic district that dates back to 1816. This truly picturesque town entwined in its eccentric past of millionaires and miners, money and misery, church bells and seam whistles stays with you when you leave and draws you back.
Broadway & Race Streets Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-5810
Web Site: http://www.jimthorpe.org
E-mail: info@jimthorpe.org

 

John Turn Farm
Built early 19th Century. Only ruins remain. The Turn Family lived on this site from the early 19th century until 1945. Only three structures from this former dairy farm remain a limekiln across the road, a smokehouse, and the remains of the weave house.

River Road Bushkill , PA 18324
Phone: 570-588-2447
Web Site: http://www.nps.gov/dewa/InDepth/Spanning/stgMRT1.html

 

Lacawac Sanctuary
The Lacawac Sanctuary is a nature preserve located in the Pocono Mountains in northeastern Pennsylvania. Its main function is the protection of its natural areas, including Lake Lacawac, a pristine glacial lake, and stands of virgin forest.

94 Sanctuary Rd Lake Ariel , PA 18436
Phone: 570-689-9494
Web Site: http://www.lacawac.org
E-mail: director@lacawac.org

 

Lackawaxen Township
Lackawaxen is the largest and northernmost township in Pike County. It was designated Lackawaxen Township in 1798. Named for the river that flows 12 miles through the Township, Lackawaxen is the Indian word for "Swift Waters". The Delaware River marks the eastern boundary of the township and joins the Lackawaxen River at the village of Lackawaxen.

116 Township Road Lackawaxen , PA 18435
Phone: 570-685-7288
Web Site: http://www.lackawaxen.org/town.htm
E-mail: tom@raeast.com

 

Lake Wallenpaupack
PPL's 'Lake Wallenpaupack and Hydroelectric power plant was completed in 1926. Now a major tourism and outdoor recreation destination, the 5,700 acre Lake Wallenpaupack fills what was once a bowl-shaped valley, sixty feet at its maximum. It's one of the largest manmade lakes in Pennsylvania.

Route 6 Lake Wallenpaupack , PA 18424
Phone: 570-226-3191
Web Site: http://www.hawleywallenpaupackcc.com
E-mail: hlwchamber@ptd.net

 

Lehigh Coal & Navigation Building
Co-founder Josiah White, Lehigh Canal Navigation turned anthracite deposits into profits.

One Susquehanna Street Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-3673
Web Site: www.cr.nps.gov/nr/travel/delaware/leh.htm

Marion Hose Company
Built in 1885, was the home of the first volunteer Fire Company in Carbon County. Come experience the "Tourist in an Industrial Era" exhibit, pictures of the Old Mauch Chunk area, etc. The Mauch Chunk Historical Society purchased the building in 1994.

16 West Broadway Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-4439
Web Site: http://www.pacoalhistory.com
E-mail: webmaster@pacoalhistory.com

 

Mauch Chunk Lake Park
Mauch Chunk Lake Park is a great place to visit. Not only is it an excellent camping spot but it is also close to some of the best mountain biking trails in the state.

625 Lentz Trail Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-3669 | Fax: 570-325-4166
Web Site: http://www.mauchchunklakepark.com
E-mail: mauch1@ptd.net

 

Mauch Chunk Museum & Cultural Center
The Museum is housed in the former St. Paul's Methodist Church building in the Jim Thorpe Historic District. Constructed in 1843 of red brick with high ornate ceiling, the church is a magnificent example of Victorian ecclesiastical architecture. The museum contains working Switchback Railroad and canal lock models as well as museum of history of Mauch Chunk and a display of Jim Thorpe

41 West Broadway Street Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-9190
Web Site: http://www.mauchchunkmuseum.org
E-mail: Discover@mauchchunkmuseum.org

 

Mauch Chunk Opera House
The historic Mauch Chunk Opera House is an architectural jewel in Carbon County. Live performance and cultural events delight music lover and theater goers n an intimate space with excellent acoustics.
14 West Broadway Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-4439 | Fax: 570-325-4567
Web Site: http://www.mauchchunkoperahouse.com
E-mail: info@mauchchunkoperahouse.com

 

Milford Theatre
First opened by Thomas Pitney as a silent movie house, possibly in the teens or early twenties. The theatre is reputed to have acquired curtain, rigging, and doors from the 1939 New York World's Fair.

114 East Catherine Street Milford , PA 18337
Phone: 570-409-1278

 

Monroe County Courthouse
Built in 1890, after the old courthouse was demolished. This Richardsonian Romanesque-style building, listed in the National Register of Historic Places, features native sandstone, arched windows, and a clock tower. A 1934 addition at the rear of the 1890 courthouse mimics the 1890 building's original features.

North 7th and Monroe Streets Stroudsburg , PA 18360
Phone: 570-420-3400

 

Monroe County Historical Association
The Monroe County Historical Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting, preserving and protecting the rich history of Monroe County. The historic 1795 Stroud Mansion serves as MCHIA's headquarters and features a museum and genealogy (local history library).

900 Main Street Stroudsburg , PA 18360
Phone: 570-421-7703 | Fax: 570-421-9199
Web Site: www.mcha-pa.org
E-mail: mcha@ptd.net

 

No. 9 Mine & Museum
Tour a real coal mine ride into the mountain over 1,600 feet. 500 shaft elevators, mule underground hospital, see an old mine chute that dates back to 1858. Visit a mine museum with over 2,000 artifacts, tools and photos.

9 Dock Street Lansford , PA 18232
Phone: 570-645-3652
Web Site: http://no9mine.tripod.com
E-mail: humblebe@intergrafix.net

 

Old Jail Museum
Built in 1871, used until 1995 as the county jail. Famous for housing the Molly Maguires, seven Irish immigrant coal miners hanged in 1877. Come learn the legend of the mysterious handprint that remains in the wall as evidence of one man's innocence.

128 West Broadway Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-5259 | Fax: 570-325-8380
Web Site: http://www.visitjimthorpe.com/new/history.htm
E-mail: tomblm@verizon.net

 

Old Mauch Chunk H.O. Model Train Display
This highly-detailed model train display features 1,087 feet of track, over 200 structures and 100 bridges, actual moving automobiles, and an old fashioned football stadium.

Route 209 (Next to Train Station) Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-4371
Web Site: http://www.parailways.com
E-mail: jttraindon@yahoo.com

 

Old Mauch Chunk Landing
Built in 1888 to serve booming passenger train activity. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Landing is Carbon County's hub for special events, exhibits, and rail excursions. An orientation center of the Delaware & Lehigh National and State Heritage Corridor. Explore the rich industrial heritage through themed exhibits. Displays include mining, shipping, outdoor recreation, skiing, and community heritage.

Former NJ Central Railroad Station Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Toll-Free: 800POCONOS Phone: 570-325-3673

 

Old Mauch Chunk Nat'l Historic District
The Old Mauch Chunk Historic District features many historic buildings and sites. Self-guided tours are available.

Broadway and Race Street Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-9190
Web Site: http://www.cr.nps.gov/nr/travel/delaware/mau.htm
E-mail: mcmcc@ptd.net

 

Palmerton Area Heritage Center
The Palmerton Area Heritage Center features extensive historical artifacts and documents relating to the region. Maintained and displayed by the Palmerton Area Historical Society in the main shopping district of Plamerton.

410 Delaware Ave Palmerton , PA 18071
Phone: 610-824-6954

 

Pennsylvania Fishing Museum
The museum features a cross section of fishing tackle from the late 1700's - 1950's.

HC 12 Box 485 (Route 402) Pecks Pond , PA 18328
Phone: 570-755-7237
Web Site: http://www.peckspond.com/museums.htm
E-mail: info@peckpond.com

 

Pike County Courthouse
Constructed in 1873 , in the Second Empire French Renaissance "style."

506 Broad Street Milford , PA 18337
Phone: 570-296-7613
Web Site: http://www.pikepa.org/
E-mail: info@pikepa.org

 

Pike County Historical Society & Columns Museum
Museum of Pike County artifacts. Home of the Lincoln Flag. Located at The Columns, 608 Broad Street in Milford, Pennsylvania, the Society welcomes visitors to the museum during regularly scheduled hours, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday (April 1st to June 30th), (September 1st to November 30th) and Wednesday - Sunday (July 1st to August 31st).

608 Broad Street Milford , PA 18337
Phone: 570-296-8126
Web Site: http://www.pikehistory.org
E-mail: pchsl@pikeonline.net

 

Pocono Indian Museum
The Museum is located in the former John van Campen Colbaugh Homestead erected about 1840. The only museum in Northeastern PA dedicated to showing the history of the Delaware Indian, and has exhibits showing the history of American man in Northeast Pa from 10,500 BC to the present.

Route 209 Bushkill , PA 18324
Phone: 570-588-9164
Web Site: http://www.poconoindianmuseum.com
E-mail: dream38@ptd.net

 

Pocono Manor Historic District
Also known as Pocono Manor Inn. Pocono Manor is listed on the National registry of Historic Places as a Historical District. To local residents it is known as the Grand Lady of the Mountains". Has been the choice of travelers since opening its doors in 1902."

Route 314 Pocono Manor , PA 18340
Phone: 570-839-7111
Web Site: http://www.poconomanor.com/default.asp
E-mail: info@poconomanor.com

 

Pocono Manor Historic District
Also known as Pocono Manor Inn. Pocono Manor is listed on the National registry of Historic Places as a Historical District. To local residents it is known as the Grand Lady of the Mountains". Has been the choice of travelers since opening its doors in 1902."

Route 314 Pocono Manor , PA 18340
Phone: 570-839-7111
Web Site: http://www.poconomanor.com/default.asp
E-mail: info@poconomanor.com

 

Quiet Valley Living Historical Farm
Costumed family guides share with you the daily routine of thrifty and industrious Pennsylvania Dutch family and its descendants who lived at this location in the 18th - 19th centuries.

1000 Turkey Hill Road Stroudsburg , PA 18360
Phone: 570-992-6161 | Fax: 570-992-9587
Web Site: http://www.quietvalley.org
E-mail: farm@quietvalley.org

 

Raymondskill Falls
A 1/4-mile round-trip hike leads through a hemlock ravine to the Upper Falls. (70 ft. climb) The Middle Falls are a 1/2-mile round-trip, using steep, uneven stairs (150 ft. climb.) Raymondskill Creek at the bottom of the ravine is a 1 mile round-trip with a steep ascent on the return (200 ft. climb.)

Route 209 to Route 2001 Milford , PA 18337
Phone: 570-588-2447
Web Site: www.nps.gov./dewa/Activities/Hikes/hikePA.html

 

Ritz Company Playhouse
Art Deco style built in 1933 by the Comerford motion picture syndication. Operated by local repertory company since 1973. Live theater Broadway, musical and comedies.

512 Keystone Street Hawley , PA 18428
Phone: 570-226-9752 | Fax: 570-226-3179
E-mail: murphins@ptd.net

 

Roebling Aqueduct (Bridge)
Spans Delaware between Lackawaxen, PA and Minisink Ford NY. Built as a canal aqueduct, it is the oldest wire-bridge in the United States. Designed and constructed in the mid-1800's by John A. Roebling, this suspension bridge served as a prototype for the world famous Brooklyn Bridge. Recently restored by the National Park Service and still in use, it connects Lackawaxen, PA with Minisink, NY for automobile traffic, as well as pedestrian touring.

Route 590 Lackawaxen , PA 18435
Phone: 570-685-4871
Web Site: http://www.nps.gov/upde/roebaque.htm

 

Shawnee Playhouse
The historic Shawnee Playhouse has been producing professional theatre since 1979. Make a Broadway musical or play part of your plans. Discover professional theatre at the historic Shawnee Playhouse.

River Road Shawnee On Delaware , PA 18356
Toll-Free: 800-742-9633 Phone: 570-421-5093 | Fax: 570-421-4914
Web Site: http://www.shawneeinn.com/entertainment.aspx
E-mail: shawneeplayhouse@shawneeinn.com

 

Sherman Theater
Historic downtown theater featuring live music, art, and plays. Showcasing local and national talent. Available for private events, screenings, parties, etc.

524 Main Street Stroudsburg , PA 18360
Phone: 570-420-2808
Web Site: http://beta.asoundstrategy.com/shermantheater/
E-mail: info@shermantheater.com

 

Steamtown National Historic Site
All aboard Steamtown National Historic Site! Open year-round, the site offers endless opportunities to enjoy a nostalgic journey through railroading's colorful past. A fully operating roundhouse, turntable and locomotive restoration shop, technology and history museums, a full-service visitor's center and a state-of-the-art 250 seat theater complex serve as the perfect back-drop or daily visit and seasonal special events. 150 S.

Washington Avenue Scranton , PA 18503
Toll-Free: 888-693-9391 Phone: 570-340-5200 | Fax: 570-340-5340
Web Site: http://www.nps.gov/stea
E-mail: bill_nalevanko@nps.gov

 

Stourbridge Line Rail Excursions
The Stourbridge Lion was the fist locomotive to run on steam power on rails in America. The train ran from Honesdale to Seelyville on August 8, 1829. Unfortunately, the engine proved too heavy for the tracks, was abandoned, and for some reason or other was never used again. From Honesdale to Hawley or Lackawaxen, enjoy a relaxing train excursion through breathtaking scenery.

303 Commercial Street Honesdale , PA 18431
Phone: 570-253-1960 | Fax: 570-253-1517
Web Site: http://www.waynecountycc.com
E-mail: waynecoc@ptd.net

 

Stroud Mansion Museum
Built in 1795 by Stroudsburg. Founder, Jacob Stroud it is the finest Georgian-style architecture in the Monroe County. The Mansion houses the Elizabeth D. Walter Library; it has a extensive and unique collection of family records and genealogical information and is the home of the Monroe County Historical Association.

900 Main Street Stroudsburg , PA 18360
Phone: 570-421-7703
Web Site: http://www.mcha-pa.org/stroud.html
E-mail: mcha@ptd.net

 

Stroudsburg Walking Tours
This walking tour is intended to guide you on your own discovery of our historic treasures. At a leisurely pace, this is about a 60-minute walk. To make the walk shorter, focus on just the National Register sites and local landmarks.

Main Street Stroudsburg , PA 18360
Phone: 570-421-7703
Web Site: http://www.mcha-pa.org
E-mail: mcha@ptd.net

 

Switchback Railroad Trail
Switchback Railroad Trail is located in Carbon County. Its endpoints are from Summit Hill to Jim Thorpe. This 18 mile trail, made of crushed stone, is perfect for walking skiing, biking, or fishing.

PO Box 73 Jim Thorpe , PA 18229
Phone: 570-325-8255
Web Site: http://www.switchbackgravityrr.org
E-mail: azagofsk@ptd.net

 

The Equinunk Historical Society & Museum
life along Delaware River. Working 1850s water-powered sawmill - scheduled demonstrations. Museum open May - Oct. Wed. & Fri. 2 to 4 pm, Sat. 12 - 4 pm Memorial Day to Columbus Day & Sun. 12 - 4 pm July & Aug. Also open year-round by appt. for genealogical and historical research. Gift Shop in Museum.

1971 Pine Mill Road Equinunk , PA 18417
Phone: 570-224-6722
Web Site: http://www.rootsweb.com/~paehs/
E-mail: ehs@ezaccess.net

 

Tobyhanna Train Station
Built in 1907, restoration completed a few years ago. Now serves as a museum of railroad artifacts and model trains.

Route 423 Tobyhanna , PA 18466
Phone: 570-839-8215

 

Toy & Nascar Museum
Over 14,000 pieces, including more than 7,000 toys, 7,000 NASCAR, 1,500 Dale Earnhardt Sr. items. Something for everyone. World's largest private toy collection of it's kind. Discount for groups and children under the age of 12.

1 Fenner Ave Sciota , PA 18354
Phone: 570-402-0243 | Fax: 570-402-7565
Web Site: http://www.toynascarmuseum.com
E-mail: estanat@enter.net

 

Upper Delaware Scenic & Recreational River
The green fullness of the rolling hills, quick glimpses of granite cliff faces, and bald eagles perched on trees overlooking the water form a vibrant backdrop as the Delaware River snakes gracefully through the rural countryside on the start of its 331-mile journey to the Atlantic Ocean.

274 River Rd Beach Lake , PA 18405
Phone: 570-685-4871 | Fax: 570-729-7918
Web Site: http://www.nps.gov/upde
E-mail: UPDE_interpretation@nps.gov

 

Upper Mill
Originally built in the early 1800s and now restored, this water-powered mill is a lively example of American history in action.

Water & Mill Streets Milford , PA 18337
Phone: 570-409-0051

 

Walking Tours of Historic Milford
Self-guided tour of the Milford historic district that dates back to 1733. Strolling these tree-lined streets fills you with peace, beauty, and a touch of nostalgia. (A section of Broad and Harford Streets receive designation as National Historic District in 1999).

Harford and Broad Streets Milford , PA 18337
Phone: 570-296-8700
Web Site: http://www.pikechamber.com
E-mail: info@pikechamber.com

 

Waymart Area Historical Society
The historical society is in the process of restoring the only remaining gravity railroad depot of the historic Delaware and Hudson (D&H) Canal Company. Built in 1875, the structure was originally on the site of plane #7, where coal was stockpiled during the winter months. The location became known as weigh-market, and later Waymart, because coal was weighed there.

PO Box 255 A 211 South St Waymart , PA 18472
Phone: 570-488-6476
Web Site: http://www.nps.gov/upde/D&HEduc/wahsprog.htm
E-mail: janev@socantel.com

 

Wayne County Courthouse
Located one block off Main Street, is the 1880 (J.A. Wood, architect) structure with its back to waterway that made the town. The interior has been partly modernized, but here are remnants of the original, including some marble fireplaces, iron stairs, and hallway decor. The upstairs courtroom still has the original bar and bench.

925 Court St Honesdale , PA 18431
Phone: 570-253-5970
Web Site: http://www.co.wayne.pa.us
E-mail: webmaster@co.wayne.pa.us

 

Wayne County Historical Society & Museum
The Wayne County Historical Society is home to a replica of the Stourbridge Lion, the first commercial locomotive in the country. The society also operates several history museums and a research library.

810 Main St Honesdale , PA 18431
Phone: 570-253-3240 | Fax: 570-253-5204
Web Site: http://www.waynehistorypa.org
E-mail: wchs@ptd.net

 

Zane Grey Museum
Home of renowned western fiction writer from 1905 to 1918, a visit there will take you to a quiet place, insightful of the past.

Route 590 Lackawaxen , PA 18435
Phone: 570-685-4871
Web Site: http://www.nps.gov/upde/zgmuseum.htm

 

Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church
Built in 1951 in modified Greek style with bricks from a farm only one-half mile away and the slate from Slateford, just a few miles down the river. Today the building serves as the Office of Preservation and Design for the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.

Zion Church Road Shawnee-On-Delaware , PA 18356
Phone: 570-588-2447
Web Site: http://www.nps.gov/dewa/InDepth/Spanning/stgMRT1.html
E-mail: dewa_webmaster@nps.gov

 

Poconos Lakefront Rentals

Big Bass Lake

Hemlock Farms

Milford

Big Bass Lake

Lake Natalie